Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pushing the blinds

I took third place in Tuesday's tournament.  I wasn't entirely happy about that, though perhaps not for the reason you might think.

When these tournaments started, there were not many players.  The blind structure was capped at 20/40 an hour before the end time, and hasn't been changed as more players have joined us.  As more players equals more money in play, this means that there are often five or six players still left in the last few minutes of the game.

This of course means that the low stacked players will choose to go all-in with whatever they have either on the last hand or just before.  In my opinion, that isn't poker, it's Bingo.

I think the blinds should keep increasing every twenty minutes all the way to the end.

I can't say whether I would have finished first, second, third or not at all were those rules in effect, but I'd rather play that way than have that craziness at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment